Stephen has been serving the financial needs of individual and institutional investors, retirees, and business owners since beginning his career as a financial advisor 2001. As a CFA charter holder, Stephen’s specialty at MAG CAP lies in discretionary asset management for individuals and institutions. He also provides a range of other products and services for clients including business retirement plans, individual retirement planning, 401(k) rollovers, estate planning, and new services through MAG CAP.
Prior to co-founding MAG CAP, Stephen was a Vice President at Raymond James & Associates. Stephen began his career with Morgan Stanley in Nashville, Tennessee. After several years, he decided that he wanted to pursue his career in his home state, so he decided to move to Jackson, Mississippi and joined Merrill Lynch. When the financial crisis hit in 2008 and Merrill Lynch was taken over by Bank of America, Stephen decided that a large bank wasn’t the best place for him to serve his clients. After conducting due diligence on numerous firms, Stephen and his team decided to affiliate with Morgan Keegan (later purchased by Raymond James).
Stephen is a native of Columbia, Mississippi, and graduated with honors from the University of Mississippi with a Bachelor of Accountancy and an MBA with a concentration in finance. Stephen is married with two children (and their chocolate labradoodle). He is an Elder at Grace Chapel Presbyterian Church in Madison.
- Master of Business Administration, University of Mississippi (2000)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (cum laude), University of Mississippi (1999)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP®
- Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA®
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist, CRPS®
- Certified Investment Management Analyst™, CIMA®
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®
- Mississippi CFA® Society
- Mississippi Capital Area Habitat for Humanity, Executive Committee
- Grace Chapel Presbyterian Church, Former Elder
Honors & Awards
- Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors (2015)
- Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40 (2015)
- Raymond James Leaders Club (2014) (2015) (2016)
- Raymond James Retirement Plan Advisory Council