Charles brings a unique set of professional experiences to MAG CAP, spanning the financial planning spectrum as well as the world of Big Four public accounting where he worked with many leading businesses across a variety of industries. Now, as an expert in 401k and other Employer Sponsored Retirement plans, Charles sets MAG CAP apart as one of the region’s leading advisers to corporate sponsors. Charles adds a specialized service platform as well as deep knowledge of ERISA law, industry trends and client needs. With these valuable perspectives, Charles has built a reputation as a leader in Mississippi for Employer Sponsored plans.
Prior to co-founding MAG CAP, Charles was a Financial Advisor at Raymond James Financial Services where he served as Branch Manager, Registered Representative, Registered Principal, Registered Investment Advisor Representative, and Investment Management Consultant. In 2005, Charles was blessed to move back home to Jackson to join his father, Charlie Marion, at Raymond James. During this time, Charles gained extensive knowledge and experience in the industry, but more importantly, learned how to provide world class service to client relationships. Prior to joining his father at Raymond James, Charles worked in the audit department for Deloitte in Memphis, Tennessee.
Charles is a native of Jackson, Mississippi and graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Accountancy in 2001 and received his Master of Accountancy in 2002. He is married to Christy Rogers Marion. They enjoy spending time outdoors, watching Ole Miss athletics, and volunteering as soccer coaches and other roles for Jackson Futbol Club, where their three children currently spend most of their time. Charles and his family are members of First Baptist Church of Jackson.
- Master of Accountancy, University of Mississippi (2002)
- Bachelor of Accountancy, University of Mississippi (2001)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Investment Management Consultant – Raymond James
Honors & Awards
- Premier Partner Advisor, Empower Retirement (2018)
- Raymond James Executive Council (2016)
- Deloitte Outstanding Performance Award (2002)
- Service Recognition Certificate – Awarded by an SEC client at Deloitte (2003)
- Outstanding Achievement Award – First Mercantile Trust Retirement (2008)