Tara began her financial services career in 1994 and continues to remain truly passionate in serving others to achieve their business and life goals. She began her career with a regional public accounting firm that was later acquired by HORNE CPAs. At HORNE she went on to become the Partner-in-Charge of the Retirement Plan Services division. In 2009 she successfully transitioned her department to HUB International (formerly Fox/Everett). She later went on to work in Advisory Services with a local Trust Company and with RIAs.
Tara was fortunate to find her niche early in her career with retirement planning. Her primary focus has included business consulting and compliance for employer-sponsored retirement plans, although she offers a tremendous amount of experience in numerous other financial arenas. She spent several years representing and defending clients in front of the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor. She expanded her ability to serve clients by becoming a Financial Advisor.
With Tara’s wide range of experience serving business owners, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies, and individuals, she brings a unique perspective to MAG CAP. She has an innate ability to truly listen and understand the ever-changing challenges facing business owners and individual clients.
Tara carries a servant’s-heart toward Mississippi and her community. She has been involved in several local organizations, including Go Red for Women, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen, and various animal rescue groups. She is a past graduate of Leadership Rankin and serves as an advisory board member for Mississippi Baptist Health System’s Estate & Gift Planning Board.
She grew up on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast in Ocean Springs before receiving a full academic scholarship to attend the University of Mississippi. In her spare time, Tara enjoys traveling, fine food, and art.
- Bachelor of Accountancy, University of Mississippi (1994)
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator, QKA
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Adviser, CPFA
- Member of the American Retirement Association (ARA) including sub memberships in the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) and National Association of Pension Advisors (NAPA)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- The Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants & Central Chapter of CPAs
- Financial Planning Association of Mississippi, Member & Past President